When the restoration of Israel is discussed, Genesis 12:3 is the number one verse that always comes to mind…
“I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
However, there is a theme throughout God’s Word that directs us into greater depths of this verse.
As the Body of Christ today, in the end-times, we are witnessing prophecy being fulfilled, and have a unique opportunity to be a part of God’s restoration plan…
- Let us not forget that our faith’s foundation is in Jewish roots. Remember the forefathers of our faith. Would we have our salvation through Yeshua’s blood had it not been for the nation of Israel?
- In our Jewish roots, there is a tradition. Traditions help us grow deeper in our understanding of the Lord and allow us to experience Him in new ways. In the Jewish tradition, it is customary to plant trees to commemorate births or leave a legacy.
- Jesus told His disciples Israel would be restored with the help of the Church. “…Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?… It is not for you to know the times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:6-8). The disciples knew from Old Testament prophecy that there would be a national and spiritual restoration of Israel. Jesus then explained to them that Believers in Him would be a part of Israel’s restoration.
- God’s promises are eternal. The Lord’s character is eternal and unchanging. Therefore, if we believe in the God of the Bible, we believe in His promises and stand for what He does.
“Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations… and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land… they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they every be divided into two kingdoms again… Then they shall be My people, and I will be their God.”—Ezekiel 37:21-23
- God calls us to comfort Israel. God calls the Body of Christ to speak tenderly to, and pray for the regathering of His people. This is a call for Christians to comfort the Jewish people. God says that Christian’s will nurture the Jewish people and facilitate a return to their land. It is our assignment to assist them for their restoration, and for the fulfillment of their unique call. Believers are not to simply observe what the Lord is doing with the nation of Israel, but invites us to be involved!
“’Comfort, yes, comfort My people!’ says your God. ‘Speak comfort to Jerusalem, and cry out to her, that her warfare is ended, that her iniquity is pardoned; for she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.’”—Isaiah 40:1-2
Support Israel in practical ways. At My Olive Tree, our hearts desire is to reach out to the Jewish people spiritually, economically and environmentally. With your support, we are able to provide jobs for the people of Israel and to help them find value in restoring their promised land. We prayerfully desire to partner with God in fulfilling His promises to His chosen people and show them their place in His plan. Won’t you prayerfully partner with us also?
Consider joining this divine assignment today. [Click here] for ways to be involved in God’s endeavor!