It was nearly a year ago that President Trump announced the move of the United States Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Trump’s position, favored by the Christian community, was moved into prophetic fulfillment when he announced the embassy move in 2017.
The move was scheduled to take place within days of Israel’s 70th anniversary. When analyzing and understanding prophecy, one cannot discount the significance of numbers and what they represent in the Bible and in Israel’s history.
Let’s take a quick look at the numbers and the comparison between King Cyrus and Donald Trump…
The number seventy (70) is made up of two numbers—and in the Bible, it represents perfection in the number 7, and completeness in the number 10. The history of the Jewish people is in some way tied to the number “seventy” more than 50 times throughout the scriptures.
70 in the Bible…
The prophet Jeremiah prophesied that Israel would be in exile for 70 years under Babylonian rule.
- “For thus says the Lord: After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place.”—Jeremiah 29:10-11 (emphasis added)
The prophet Daniel, while held captive in Babylon, read these words written by Jeremiah. He was provided more insight relating to the number 70 through prayer.
- “In the first year of his reign I, Daniel, understood by the books the number of the years specified by the word of the Lord through Jeremiah the prophet, that He would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes.”—Daniel 9:2-3 (emphasis added)
- “‘Seventy weeks are determined for your people and for your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sins, to make reconciliation for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy.’”—Daniel 9:24 (emphasis added)
- After the 70 years had passed, King Cyrus issued a decree stating that the Jews could return from exile and build the Second Temple.
70 in Modern Times…
Biblical historians and scholars are discovering the significance of the number 70 still today.
- In Israel’s 70th year of independence (Hebrew year 5778), the United States embassy was moved by President Trump to Jerusalem.
- President Trump was 70 years, 7 months, and 7 days old when he took office in 2017.
- President Trump was born 700 days before Israel’s statehood on May 14, 1948.
- President Trump was elected on Benjamin Netanyahu's 7th year, 7th month, and 7th full day in office.
- A total solar eclipse occurred 7 months after President Trump’s first day in office.
“But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence.”—1 Corinthians 1:27-29
Cyrus and Trump
The comparison of the 2 leaders has emerged due to the similarities of the physical connection and interaction they have had with the city of Jerusalem.
King Cyrus of Persia announced in his first year of rule that he was promoted by God to make a decree that the Temple should be rebuilt in Jerusalem. He moved swiftly and without hesitation.
- “Thus says Cyrus king of Persia: “All the kingdoms of the earth the Lord God of heaven has given me. And He has commanded me to build Him a house at Jerusalem which is in Judah.”—Ezra 1:2
We cannot ignore the fact that the United States president’s name is “Trump.” Is the Lord using a loud “trumpet” to get our attention?
President Trump reportedly felt that God had called him to be president. And after taking office, he began to make swift changes related to Israel and Jerusalem. With the move of the embassy, talks of a Third Temple are on the rise.
The Lord Does the Appointing…
- “‘Thus says the Lord to His anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have held—to subdue nations before him and loose the armor of kings, to open before him the double doors, so that the gates will not be shut:“I will go before you and make the crooked places straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places, that you may know that I, the Lord, who call you by your name, am the God of Israel.”’”—Isaiah 45:1-3 (emphasis added)
Mentioned above is the significance of the number 70—perfection and completeness. The number 8 goes beyond what is completed in the natural world. It takes us a step further into prophetic fulfillment with an opportunity to sow into the Kingdom of God.
Do you know what this year, 2018 (Hebrew year 5778/5779), is? It is the year of open doors, of opportunity, and of gates that will not be shut.
- “For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.”—1 Corinthians 16:9 (emphasis added)
What is this passage saying to you? Although many oppose those who stand with Israel, God has opened the doors of opportunity for those who do. President Trump is compared to Cyrus because of how he relates to Israel. The body of Christ should consider how they respond to the ancestors of their faith and the Promised Land as well.
For God says those who bless Israel will be blessed, and those who put their trust in Christ have been adopted into His family. Let us not turn our backs on God’s chosen people, our spiritual family, during this season of open doors. Let us instead meet each other with open arms and an invitation to enter in with thanksgiving in our hearts.
“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.”—Psalm 100:4-5