This year Mother’s Day falls on May 12th, which means it’s quickly approaching! It is the big day to remember and honor the women who have raised us and loved us, even when we weren’t always exactly lovable. It’s also a day when young moms can reflect on their new role as the giver and caretaker and, in turn, have a deeper appreciation for their own mothers.
When we think of Mother’s Day, we often envision moms receiving flowers, plants, or chocolates. These are wonderful ideas, but there’s one problem… they are short-lived.
How many of you have done this: Scramble a few days before Mother’s Day and book a flower or chocolate bouquet delivery from an online shop?
These flowers are often beautiful several days later after they finally bloom—before they start to wilt, that is. And the candy is delicious, but does your mom want all of those sweets lying around after her big day?
Now, you can honor your mom with a meaningful gift from holy soil.
Honoring with Your Heart
We lead busy lives. We want to show appreciation and love for our mothers, but God asks us to do this with actions motivated by love and honor, not motives driven by a checklist for the month of May.
Your mom knows you’re busy, no doubt. She was there once too.
So, ask yourself how you can honor your mother in a way that truly means something to her, in a way that honors her values and beliefs past the few days following Mother’s Day.
First Consider This Word from God About Mothers
God wants to release honor to every mother in this hour. Honor that is from the hearts of her children and her husband. He wants to see families restored and reconciled.
God tell us it is His will for children to honor their mothers and fathers. In His infinite wisdom, He has established a family system that, when aligned, unified, and rooted in Christ, thrives and benefits everyone within it.
Those in the biblically aligned family are divinely protected and spiritually blessed.
The Lord is ready to pour out His power and equip each mother to walk out her faith as…
- The kind nurturer
- The loving caregiver
- The wise teacher
- The excellent wife
… all done in strength and dignity. These virtues not only benefit her children but also allow others to see God’s power revealed through her, and as a result, the Lord will receive honor and praise.
We are in a season of activation. A time when God wants to release the gifts He has placed on the lives of mothers and women everywhere. It is our role, as their children and even husbands, to honor them and encourage them during this moment on God’s calendar.
Honoring Our Mothers Honors God
God instructed us to honor our mothers, and as a result, we would be blessed.
- “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.”—Exodus 20:12
- “’Honor your father and mother,’ which is the first commandment with promise: ‘that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.’”—Ephesians 6:2-3
A mother is a gift to each child, just as the child is a gift to her. Her role within God’s family plays an integral part in God’s restorative plan.
This godly, virtuous woman is the one who will have an essential part in raising God-fearing children, who are the future leaders of our nation, churches, organizations, workforce, and families.
Bible Verses About Motherhood
God’s Word is full of truths that we can speak into the lives of our mothers and wives. Here are a few verses that can help you remember how to honor your mom or wife this Mother’s Day…
- “My son, hear the instruction of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother; for they will be a graceful ornament on your head, and chains around your neck.”—Proverbs 1:8-9
- “Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? … ”—Isaiah 49:15
- “As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; and you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.”—Isaiah 66:13
- “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.”—Psalm 127:3
- “She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: ‘Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all.’ Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.”—Proverbs 31:27-30
A Lasting Way to Honor Your Mother | Advance Her Legacy
She has left a legacy in you as her child. She has stood by you as a wife. And now it’s time to honor her by advancing that legacy in a way that celebrates her as well as honors the Lord, His people, and His land.
Instead of fading flowers and melting candies this year, consider giving her a small gift of King’s Valley Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
This olive oil is harvested directly from My Olive Tree groves right outside of Jerusalem. When you purchase a bottle of the King’s Valley Olive Oil, you are bringing the Holy Land home, as well as furthering efforts to provide jobs, revive the land, and bless the people of Israel.
The King’s Valley Extra Virgin Olive Oil goes beyond the table. It is nourishment both for her body and for her soul. It’s a touch of the Promised Land that you can give to the mother in your life as a way to say, “Thank you for showing me the promises of God.”
Click HERE to read about the story of one mom and her daughter coming together and sharing the love of Christ because of this simple bottle of oil.
The Lord’s land blesses us, and now we can return the blessing as we shower the mothers in our lives with love this Mother’s Day!